I kind of feel naked with a bloated belly in this episode.
I was so lost in my own negativity spiral when I recorded this episode.
Then I found Zofie and Relax Me Happy and my perspective has really shifted. Maybe I was not ready or maybe I did not have the right teacher.
I know it sounds simple, but since then I have been so focused on ye old proverbial phrase “glass half full”.
Anyhow, this is a very honest interview with Karly Nimmo, who so lovable, honest and smart and makes you feel like her instant best friend.
I feel like she and I are spiritual soul sister and we both also have voice over careers!
I dream of having a podcast with Karly! And going on retreats with her in Thailand. Or maybe Karly and I meet in Thailand every 6 months and record 20 episodes at a time! Dreamy!
Meet Karly Nimmo! You will love her!
- We are often looking for that place when we are free of struggle…that fairy tale place.
- We’re just where we need to be at any given moment.
- Leaning in means allowing and trusting instead of resisting.
- The judgement of others doesn’t matter.
- People are generally uncomfortable with other’s pain. They want us not to feel that pain, because it makes them feel uncomfortable.
- We are already the person we are meant to be, we are just not seeing it because we are over complicating it.
- Thinking about dying makes shit very real.
- It’s all about choices, and taking responsibility for ourselves. Be okay with it, own it.
- The world is just the mirror to what is going on inside. Judgement is always about us.
- When you strip away all the other voices and other people’s stories about you, you get to the real you.
- The love we crave is there ALL THE TIME.
- Your version of success can only be defined by YOU
- You can’t be all things to all people. You can only be you.
What is numerology? Is there a rhyme to the science. Shelly Winter's told me I should change my name to Ollie Orkin. Would my life be different? Would I have 4 kid,s a great career and George as my husband? Or would I be an accountant living in Pheonix? And honestly...read more
I have Robin Greenspan & Lacie Harmon this week and I feel so honored to have them on my show. I've known Lacie for maybe 25 years! We met doing stand up comedy and low and behold 25 years later we have not lost our sense of humor! We are still a making comedy,...read more
This week I have Jessica Gottlieb & Stefanie Pollard. I met them on Instagram. I followed them for a while and then realized we had all the same haunts. They shop with what appears to be no guilt and I wanted some of that Koolaid. I have talked about my shopping...read more
Valinda Cochella https://www.facebook.com/SouthBayYoginis/ https://www.yogaalliance.org/TeacherPublicProfile/tid/42143 Teaching Kundalini yoga for 17 years Use the coupon code for below- SOCIALMEDIA Valinda 5-day Cours for Stress Relief Valinda's Vimeo Channel...read more
I did a self-portrait. The first one I've ever done. I was hard it took a few tries and I gave on hands. I even put my lopsided boobs in it for authenticity. Grateful that I have both of them. My one boob misbehaved and had to give up a part of itself. I guess it...read more
So, one afternoon I stopped by to check on him, he was sitting in the kitchen eating a tuna sandwich… completely naked with the neighbor lady Mrs. Martin, also naked, drinking tea out of my mother’s favorite teacup.
I stopped cold when I saw them; too far in the kitchen to back out they saw me. I quickly averted my eyes as to not see my father BRAVADO lying on the chair to Mrs. Martin, who’s seventy-something landing strip stared at me like an old Billy goat who was sticking his tongue out.read more
Here’s the Poo Poo Platter
I have all kinds of ways of sharing my stories, audio, video, words and on my podcast. Below are some shortcuts. That’s me ↓
Honesty Lisa has a relationship with Amazon & Audible
Click on the banners below anytime you need to make an Amazon purchase.
A small percentage of your purchase will support HL (no extra cost to you).