I ate chocolate covered Strawberries on Valentine’s day and woke with a migraine.
I only ate four!
I love food and it does not always love me! I don’t do well-eating grain and sugar. Bloat, brain fog, and bad sugar numbers!
So, I need to be creative in the kitchen… not my strong suit!
And then! Dun, Dun, Dun! I found Cristina Curp from The Castaway Kitchen on Instagram!
And she changed everything for me! Cristina is an amazingly prolific Chef and recipe developer that faces crazy health challenges and cooks around them creating amazing food that is super easy to make and tastes absolutely amazeballs!.
Cristina and I get personal about food and health. She is funny and smart! You will love her! I do!
- Healing and eating well is all about self-love.
- It re-learning how to cook.
- Cristina’s healing journey has shaped who she is and has allowed her to help people.
- No one should tell you that you just have to deal with it. Everything in your health can be figured out.
- You can help any health issue through diet.
- You need to apply clean eating principles to real food principles as much as possible.
- Health shouldn’t be just for rich people.
- Check out Cristina’s website The Castaway Kitchen: https://thecastawaykitchen.com/about-me/
- Cristina has great resources and information on her site: https://thecastawaykitchen.com/my-journey/
- Check out Cristina’s article on starting a blog: https://thecastawaykitchen.com/2017/10/food-blogger-avoid-mistakes/
- Great recipes at The Castaway Kitchen: https://thecastawaykitchen.com/recipes/
- Nutritional Therapy Association: https://www.nutritionaltherapy.com/
- Thrive Market: https://thrivemarket.com/food
- Swerve Sweetener: https://www.amazon.com/Swerve-Granular-Sweetener-Measuring-Spoons/dp/B004X71550?th=1
- Monk Fruit Sweetner: https://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Servings-Paleo-Sugar-Sweetener/dp/B01DMCMO7O/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1516817439&sr=8-1&keywords=julian+bakery+sweetener
- Cristina on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thecastawaykitchen/
Marsha Shandur is the shit and my spirit animal! Growing up in a Russian family, stories were in Marsha's blood, the currency of her family conversations. she received a psychology degree from the University of Edinburgh then did a 15-year stint as a Radio DJ, where I...read more
"Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants."Epictetus I have struggled to make enough money my whole adult life and when I had money I spent it, and not well. I grew up very comfortable and so I don't where I developed this weird story...read more
Every once in a while you find someone you know you have to be friends with and for me that's Nick. He is kind, tough, romantic, evolved and super real and cool. And this is why I love Nick, in Nick's words, "I’m a dude, with a wife, five kids an online business. I...read more
2017 you brought me to my knees more than once. We fought and struggled but I am still here mother fucker. I will not make friends with you! I will let you go with kindness, tears, and anger. Don’t come knocking. I deleted you and blocked you. We will not...read more
Michelle is one of those cool people who is unapologetically herself.... created her life the way she wants it & walks her talk. Growing up witches were either Bewitched or the Wicked Witch of the West, not the cool chick your friends with. That's why I dig Michelle...read more
I kind of feel naked with a bloated belly in this episode. I was so lost in my own negativity spiral when I recorded this episode. Then I found Zofie and Relax Me Happy and my perspective has really shifted. Maybe I was not ready or maybe I did not have the right...read more
Here’s the Poo Poo Platter
I have all kinds of ways of sharing my stories, audio, video, words and on my podcast. Below are some shortcuts. That’s me ↓
Honesty Lisa has a relationship with Amazon & Audible
Click on the banners below anytime you need to make an Amazon purchase.
A small percentage of your purchase will support HL (no extra cost to you).